Monday 16 July 2007

Yes it is, yes it is... that's ALL it's about, honey...

The title for this blog just came out of my mouth a minute ago. Amazing that words managed to come out of my mouth while chocolate was in my mouth. Still more amazing that, no, there wasn't anybody in the room at the time: I was just talking to myself. Having a multiple personality moment.

You have no idea: I sit in my room by myself, and I confabulate with you all.

Confabulate. There's a good word. It's on my word list. It's number 3 on my word list. The memory hook I use to remember number 3 is "tits". And, no, I don't think of your tits, before you look down at them and think: "gosh, does he really think of these to remind himself of the number 3?!"

But that's not to say that I don't think of your tits when I'm jacking off, so don't feel too put out.

- - - - -

Now, that little intro was totally unplanned, and uncalled for too. What on earth has gotten into me tonight?

Do you really want to know? Okay, some lasagne and a bit of chocolate. That's what's gotten into me tonight.

I watched Carne Trémula last night. I'm starting to warm to Almodóvar's films. And who wouldn't? The man has a fixation with vaginas.

But anyway, the film gave me stuff to think about.



- - - - -

Not that I don't have enough stuff to think about as it is. There was one moment today that was so thought-provoking, that I'm not even going to discuss it here. I shall save those thoughts for my own delectation.



- - - - -

I paid £25 to subscribe to the Guardian's online crossword service today. A small price to pay to have some words to think about on the way home from work. I learned a new word today, which seems so simple that it shouldn't actually exist...

The clue was: amelioration (10). Answer to follow.

- - - - -

I skipped the swimming pool in order to get some food tubs from Sainsbury's. And what a disappointment they are: the lids barely stay on. So, what's the point in selling food tubs with lids that don't stay on?

Still, I bought some fragrant new fairy liquid. It really is fragrant.



But now I feel a bit bad about my actions...

- - - - -

Oh well, the answer to the crossword clue (the question was "amelioration") was:

BETTERMENT!

How can such a word exist?!?!

I can imagine a conversation at work tomorrow:

- So, this is my new spreadsheet, Pete?!
- Yes yes, it certainly is! I've made a few changes: I'm not sure that it's perfect yet, but I think it's definitely a betterment.

It just doesn't sound right...

- - - - - -

It actually reminds me of a song...

"She lies and says she's in love with him
Can't find a better man"

No comments: