Monday 23 July 2007

Good and bad things that happened today

I'll tag them with a "g" for "good", and a "b" for "bad"

g - I had a slight lie-in, after the most beautiful sleep
b - I discovered that I forgot to turn the fridge back on after cleaning it
b - I snapped the plastic holder for my DS lite. Not sure if that's bad or good, to be honest. It might actually be better that way.
g - I wrote some very nice code in an incredibly professional way
g - I lasted until 1pm until I ate lunch
b - But I ate lunch alone
g - As I was finished lunch so soon, I got to take the longest route for my lunchtime walk
g - A friend at work challenged me to eat a super sour sweet. I took him up on the challenge, and gave the office a laugh
g - I talked to someone I don't normally like in the slightest, but managed to control myself and have a laugh this time. I made other people laugh too
g - I sorted out more stuff in a very professional manner
g - I totally snoozed on the train home. I always do these days...
g - I hit the gym
g - I ate a very delicious dinner, most of which I prepared yesterday
g - I received mad love on MySpace
g - I did some brainwork
b - I didn't do as well as I wanted to on the brainwork
b - I found out that the job I was going to apply for is no longer available
g - I received a bit of love on Facebook too
b - I realised that, once again, the evening has proved too short for my desired activities

Writing the list down like that makes me realise that this day has been mainly good. I've barely noticed the weather. Or the lack of flatmates. Or anything other than what's going on in my head, to be perfectly honest.

- - - - -

I miss Helen.

- - - - -

I have a dubstep tune that I keep having to rewind. The drop is completely ill, and I just can't get enough of it.

No comments: