Friday 27 July 2007

Panic on the trading floor

Excitement finally came today: there was panic on the trading floor. Not that I would've known, if it hadn't been for a chance discussion in the kitchenette at the start of the day. The markets went "bang!" and money was lost. $1.3 trillion was wiped off the equity markets.

Such news had me excited all day. It was perhaps the only thing that got me excited today.

Actually, I tell a lie...

A couple of plates of fruit arrived in the afternoon. That made me happy.



And when I headed to the toilets to wash my hands afterwards, I had to hold the door open for someone with my pinkies. That made her happy, which in turn made me happy.

And when I finally got to go home, I got a lift from someone. She drove me all the way to the corner of where I live, and I got home a full 20 mins sooner than I would've done had I had to stand and wait for the train. That made me very happy. I got to see Oxshott on the way home. The houses there are so big it's unreal. I mean, really: I'd never imagined that such huge houses actually existed.

- - - - -

So, why is it that running gives me a sore neck and shoulders?

Answers to the usual places, if you have any.

I ran a lot today, and I wasn't even feeling the pain. Hardcore. My tummy is flatter than ever. I'm almost at the stage where even my small trousers are too big for me. If I'm wearing trousers with a 32" waist, You could easily get your hand down there. With a 34" waist, you could go all the way and get your head down there.

Not that you would, of course.



- - - - -

I wish I had somebody to go to the pub with tonight. I feel quite up for it. As it goes, I have nobody. My closest friend is too far to reach at this time of night.

Fed up in the Windmill

- - - - -

I have nothing more to say.

Edit: Ha! But just as soon as I wrote this, a friend came home and I went to that pub! A bit of Staropramen on a Friday night works a treat! Now I'm happy :-)

No comments: