Tuesday 3 June 2008

back like that

At least I've finally realised why Martyn's DCM remix of "Broken Heart" gets all the attention. All I needed to do was step back and sit down and do something else. I zoomed in, but now I can't work out how to zoom back out. Nose to the grindstone? (I used to think they were saying "grimestone"). The time to phone and feel less alone has long gone and now you won't even poke me I write rhymes with juvenile patterns so the vicious thoughts can't choke me IF ONLY!

When I drop the dots and dashes and silly adornments and lay the words down bare, do I give the impression that this was written because you don't care? Nonsense nonsense nonsense! Read it however you like, you'll read it the wrong way because there is no right way: it's all wrong, and all that's left is a rhythm of feeling and a trickle of memory, the imaginary reader who sits on the other side of my screen is probably the only one who won't read this, but in another universe there exists a version of this and a version of that and they come together more gracefully, with no collision, untainted by puerile images injected into your brain by those shows on the television WAKE UP and put down the children's book and the adult's magazine and the commuter's newspaper.

I have to go now, because I have a record to mix in to the one that's just started revolving.

No comments: